Some minutes ago I finally finished the pendulum animation after a week of work! I didn't actually work every single day in it, and I didn't dedicate many hours to it, but I did it slow and steady and finally have a playblast.
When I began working on it, as always, I was disappointed with the beginning. After thousands of changes it began to look good and one thing that I learned was how important blocking is to be organized. I began animating the pendulum in spline mode because I thought that was it had few controls, it'd take me an hour to finish and blocking it was a waste of time. It turns out I had to start it all over again and blocking it in an organized way.
After some critiques and changes it began to look good and I feel I've finally understood how overlap works, I think I've thought the same thing hundreds of times, and I will continue to think the same in some years. Spacing also surprised me, it's incredible how important it is and how much I keep learning of it in every exercise. Enough talk, here is the animation!
- Jero
No comments:
Post a Comment