It has been a while since I last posted an animation. I have been doing some deep research on ball bounces because I wanted to understand why balls fall, why they bounce, why they lose energy, why they all bounce differently and what affects their bounce. I learned a lot from it and now I am shooting some reference of different kinds of balls falling and I'm measuring how much they bounce and how long they take to fall.
The first animation I made was a tennis ball bouncing, I tried to get the timing and spacing to look more or less as a tennis ball and I found it quite difficult. Here is the playblast!
After spending so much time studying all this, I wanted to take a short brake and decided to add a tail to the ball. It took me a couple of attempts to get the tail to look more or less well and I'm very happy with the result. In case you want the rig, it's called Flying Fox and you can download it from CreativeCrash.com
-Jero
hi jero, just want to comment on your overlap work is that frame 8 , the ball should be touching the ground.(contact) and on frame 10 it should be in air. you just reversed it. on frames 12,13 let the tail be on the ground.coz i wud like the tail hitting the ground. it wud add some weight to the tail too. other things are great. if you cant figure out what i mean just send your scene file to sajid_hd@yahoo.com
ReplyDelete